Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sunset over Cowes

Away from the hustle and bustle of the Cowes Week Regatta where the High Street pubs and restaurants disgorge revellers onto the streets to enjoy the carnival atmosphere; Cowes shows its tranquil side with the sun setting slowly over the Royal Yacht Squadron as the water laps up against the harbour wall and the town is slowly engulfed in dusk.

Long may the fine weather continue!

..............................................................

On the wheel this week is some lovely fawn Shetland tops which I bought from the Coloured Sheep Breeders Association at Wonderwool Wales.

I'm back on my Ashford Traveller for this job, as I want to keep the skein sizes similar to the other Shetland I've spun up so far.

This is all laceweight in cream, grey and black. The fibre just begs to be spun so finely.

My outing to the County Show looks doubtful this weekend, what with the Foot and Mouth epidemic banning the unnecessary movement of livestock.

My spinning group are planning a day of indigo dyeing, so it would be nice to attend that instead. I need to make up some small skeins for the dye pot before Saturday.

There's some cream merino on some spindles which could be wound off to do the job. I need to improvise a Lazy Kate in a shoebox this evening or next.

.

No comments: