Friday, February 13, 2009

Broadband here I come.....

After dithering about ISP providers for the past 5 years :rollseyes: I've finally signed up for Broadband today, so the blog will get busy again.

I went to the Creative Stitches and Needlecraft show last weekend in Brighton, a lovely train ride along the edge of the South Downs capped with snow.

Lots of stalls, lots of exhibits and my favourite things - mini workshops and Lectures.

Eliza McClelland was on top form and her beaded embroidery was sumptuous and inspiring. Jane Callender's presentation of Indigo and Shibori was very interesting.

I had a go at Knitting with Wire and Beads and also at Lacemaking again, which has spurred me on to get my pillow and bobbins out and have a go.

On the knitting front, I'm currently working on a drop sleeved tank top - a Debbie Bliss pattern. Need to concentrate on the aran pattern, so not one to mindlessly work at while watching TV.

I have to work on my spinning this weekend and have a go at carding some poonies ready for our next Guild Meeting. Not used cotton before, so this will be a challenge!

No comments: