Friday, December 14, 2007

Winter Knitting

I recently picked up a copy of the latest Vogue Knitting, as unusually there are a few interesting patterns in it that I might want to knit. Possibly because it's a Brits issue, and there are designs that look more British in there.

My favourites:




Including this last one (above) from Alice Starmore.

In November I went off-craft as I had some leave to use up from work and took a trip to Esher to the Beading Show, and joined the throng clamouring for seed beads.

I came away with a modest haul:

and have so far made up this set for a Christmas present:


I have been having some disasters with my winter knitting. I made up a garment from yarn that I bought at Ally Pally, but it is far too huge, so that will have to be unsewn and frogged. Very annoying, but also good in a way as I wasn't really keen on the neckline, so I'll have to do a scary bit of pattern altering - somthing I've never attempted before.

In the meantime I've gone back to this garment:


and have done the back, one front, and am just completing the sleeves.

No comments: