Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WooHoo!! I gave blood!!

I did it.

I'm so proud of myself. I've been pondering about this for years, cos my brother has donated loads. I always thought I'd be too scared/squeamish, but I managed it.

There are far worse medical things a girl has to go through routinely I can tell you. This was a veritable walk in the park in comparison.

Here's my war wound.

I did go a bit wobbly afterwards, but the care I received from the blood ladies was exemplary. I think I should have drunk more water and eaten something much closer to the appointment - 4 hours since breakfast, so my blood sugars dropped off sharply.

A good lie down, a litre of water and a restorative wedge of chocolate cake soon had me back at my desk.

The young temp chap in the office reckons I should drink Guinness for a few days prior to my next donation. Sound advice from an ex-uni student ;o)

No comments: