Thursday, November 02, 2006

Brrrr! and Today's Scarf

Winter and the accompanying frost has reached the Island this morning.

I hear there is snow in Scotland already. Snow here is catastrophic. We're not geared up for cold weather, and substantial snowfall makes driving impossible in a lot of places. This is due to the condition of the roads, the hills, and the lack of expertise of the driving population. I have been here for 21 years, and have only known snow deep and persistent enough to build a snowman 3 times in those two decades.

For the nippy weather I have donned my first scarf of the season.



This is easy garter stitch, using two mismatched balls of Rowan Biggy Print from a Sale bin that I liberated in the summer. I thought they blended quite well, so did alternate double rows. It's very warm.

My So-Called Scarf was on the needles at the Guild meeting on Tuesday and was much admired. Promises of copies of the pattern followed.

I also took along my marbled fabric that I did at the Knitting & Stitching Show workshop. Murmurs of 'You could do us a workshop' came from the Committee who are currently planning next year’s calendar. Eeek! That would be a challenge. Perhaps they'll forget.....

No comments: