Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My latest Spinning

Last night I finished the first skein coming off my new Kromski Sonata.

This was some peacock blue silk/merino blend I bought from Scottish Fibres at Woolfest.






Although I still currently prefer my Ashford Traveller to spin on - an advantage of the Sonata is the incredible smooth quality of the bobbins.

So often the Ashford bobbins snag when I'm plying and it can be SO bloody annoying frustrating. The Kromski bobbins are as smooth as a baby's bottom.

.................................................

Progress on the Scalloped Jacket in Twilleys Freedom continues and I'm now knitting up both sleeves at once. I'm thinking that if I do have extra yarn due to ditching the patch pockets and the back trim, I may have some frogging to do on the body pieces so I can get a few extra rows in as the length looks a bit short, at least on the model in the pattern.

.................................................

I'm attending my first committee meeting of the Guild this week.

We're discussing the 2008 programme, and I've been racking my brains to try and think of something I could suggest - either a speaker or a fibre-related workshop. Trouble is - most of the Guild have been around since the year dot - so they've seen it, done it, and bought the tee-shirt!

If anyone knows of any good UK speakers out there that my colleagues might not have encountered, then please let me know.



.


No comments: