Monday, July 23, 2007

Rare Breeds Show - Singleton



So, the weather held for the Weald & Downland Show on Sunday. Some UK residents haven't been so lucky with the floods spreading , and the television flood shots from Gloucestershire have been really shocking. It makes me thankful that I live near the top of a hill, nowhere near a river at times like this.


I arrived early, so was in time to see some of the judging in the Sheep section.



There was so much bleating that it was like being trapped in an episode of Shaun the Sheep... very funny!

These cattle were magnificent. Look how short they are. Like a folk art painting.



I managed to take a couple of shots of the Alpaca on display - looking a little less cute than usual as they'd all been shorn.


Love the hairdo on this little chap!



My haul was discreet from this show. Not as much for the spinner as there was last year, and even P&M Woolcraft's stall was a little depleted. I bought another silk cap [I'm addicted] and some toning merino to ply with. A small 20g ball of dyed bamboo to play around with from the High Weald Fibre Factory and a miniature niddy noddy from an independent woodturner which will come in handy when I'm making up finer or smaller skeins for the dyepot.







.

No comments: