Monday, July 16, 2007

Scallop Trim Jacket - Progress

I've completed the back and am now onto the left front of the jacket.

The yarn is a bit tricky as it's two distinct singles plied up, and the twist in each single is very loose. Split stitches stand out like a sore thumb, so I can't fly along in stocking stitch like I would normally.



I'm liking the random striping of the yarn so far, and the fabric is nice and firm and should be warm to wear.



.................................

I missed my regular spinning group again this month due to a diary clash, so instead I thought I'd check out the Southampton Stitch and Bitch group that meet in Borders. I wonder where they were??? I lurked in the Starbucks area for quite a time, but gave up in the end.

I've toyed with the idea of trying to get a knitting group going on the Island, but don't know how many takers I'd get, or if I could find a suitable venue. I should look into this a bit more......




.

1 comment:

Artis-Anne said...

That's looking good, and the colours ae lovely