Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dyeing, apples and more hats

At Spinsters on Saturday I lost my Baby of the Group status. I was usurped by a girl in her early 30's. What a liberty! ;o)

We did some more dyeing as it was such a lovely day, and I was hurriedly spinning up some merino to ply up and make mini skeins for this on Friday night.

The last event of the season for the Guild is the Apple Day Festival at Afton, near Freshwater. I'm demonstrating on the Sunday.

I thought about getting into the theme and making a knitted apple cosy from Knitorama featured here on Casey's blog

.............................

I have decided to move out of my comfort zone this month and do something brave. Giving blood. I'm quite squeamish and prone to fainting, but hopefully if I don't look, and sing a little tune in my head, then I'll be OK. Plus we are force-fed cake afterwards, courtesy of one of our colleagues at work - well someone has to do it.

.............................

Following on from my charity hat knitting, I spotted this appeal from Innocent the drinks people.



It's their Supergran appeal. You knit a tiny bobble hat for the top of one of their drinks and then Eat outlets and Sainsbury's donate 50p to Age Concern for every one sold.

The bottles go on sale between the end of November and Christmas, so get knitting!

No comments: